We BASCool are enablers! We prefer wholesome adventures over guided tours any day. We are here to:
Equip you with technical skills for the outdoors.
Provide the right technical equipment (gear) for you.
Motivate you to push your limits in the outdoors.
Get you to meet like-minded people with diverse interests who share the same appreciation and love for adventure and the outdoors as us.
Provide you with a sense of accomplishment.
BASCool encourages and enables our students to be able to go on adventures on their own. We believe we can do that by….
- Limiting the transportation options, so that you learn how to plan your travel within your means and to your liking and comfort. We encourage all participants to interact with each other and arrange carpools or shared transportation options. For places with access to public transportation, we might plan to travel together. For few events, we might provide limited seats of transportation but that is not a guarantee.
- Providing minimal food options. We encourage all participants to plan ahead and pack light-weight high energy food like dried grapes, cashew nuts, peanuts, sandwich etc. In the case of our events consisting camping in a remote location, we will try to arrange some basic food / snacks.
- Avoiding staying in expensive resorts. If there is SAFE public land available for camping, we usually prefer that over other paid facilities. That also means, when nature calls, you might have to go to the bushes!!! Here is a nice video on Bathroom etiquette while in the outdoors ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4aoOcd52vo ). Remember a 6 inch deep hole and please cover it up after business.
- BASCOOL will not entertain the possession or use of any psychoactive substances including stimulants, depressants, narcotics, inhalants and hallucinogens during any of their events.
- Alcohol consumption or smoking will not be allowed in any of our one day hikes.
- BASCOOL will not provide any alcohol at any time.
- BASCOOL will not use its funds to purchase alcohol or tobacco.
- All participants of BASCOOL’s event have the responsibility to make sure that alcoholic beverages are not being provided to individuals under 21 years of age during the events.
- BASCOOL will make sure that participants who are required to operate a motor vehicle for the events are not under the influence of alcohol.
- Participants displaying behavior that is disruptive or abusive to others as a result of using intoxicants will be asked to leave the event. Such participants may even be banned from participating in future events.
- For multi-day / leisure trips once you are back to safety, you may consume alcohol in your privacy without causing trouble to other participants and people around you. BASCOOL will not accept responsibility for any mishaps that might happen under the influence of alchohol.
- Irrespective of the duration of the trek, smoking will not be tolerated. Once you are back to safety you may smoke if you maintain a minimum of 100 feet distance.